Saturday, June 25, 2011

Welcome to my blog, jerks!

So I've decided to start a blog for posting pictures, events, sketches, yadda yadda yadda.

A little about me if you don't know...
I am a ceramics and illustration artists (dabbling in other media forms here and there) with a degree in progress from the College for Creative Studies.


Born in Barcelona, Spain to a Spanish mother and Indian father, I grew up in Syracuse, NY with a very rich cultural background. My grandfather, Marc Aurelio Saleta, was a freelance artist outside of his accounting job. His beautiful drawings inspired both my older sister and I, who would carry on the artist's blood in our veins.

By the time I reached highschool, I felt very overshadowed by my older sister's drawing and painting talents and decided to try something different. I took a '3D Art' class and was hooked on ceramics and metal. By my senior year, I knew this is what I wanted to choose as a career path, by any means possible.

I took some basic credit classes at MCC and then moved on to CCS. In that time, I also travelled a bit, to Egypt, Japan and Mexico; visually collecting things that would greatly influence my work.  

After a couple years at CCS, I decided to take a break for personal and financial reasons, and somehow got mixed into a world of burlesque and circus performers. I began hula hooping until I found my real passion - fire. For 3 years I have been a burlesque and circus performer - doing fire eating acts, spinning fire fans, stiltwalking and eating broken glass. I performed with members of the Fire Fabulon, Detroit Fire Guild, Bacchanal Promotions, Spag burlesque and am one of the original members of the Detroit Dizzy Dames.

For now, I am taking the backseat to performing and focusing on establishing a career path with my art and going back to school!


So there's my life, up till now. It's been a crazy ride and I'm ready for the next adventure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment